Search our site:
The Lake County Fair
Way back in 1852, the Lake County Agricultural Society started the fair as a way to showcase the achievements of agriculture in the county. Back then, it was a way for the people of the county to gather for some good fun and a little competition.
Agriculture is our theme, but there is so much more...We have a huge Carnival, great Entertainment, exciting Grandstand Shows, graceful Horse Shows, Farm Animals, a free Fireworks Show, Free Petting Zoo, Contests for kids and adults and lots of great food.
We also feature the projects from the local Lake County 4-H Club Members. These projects range from cattle to sewing, and electric to rocketry. The 4-H building is full of these projects so you can see what the youth of Lake County can do.
Let's not overlook the adults in the county. Our Family Arts and Crafts Building is brimming with exhibits from the talents in the county. Photography, Quilting, Woodworking and much, much more.
In addition, there are exhibits from the gardeners in the Flower Show Building and the Agriculture Building, along with the outdoorsman exhibits in the Conservation Building.
Some helpful tips to make your visit more enjoyable.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. The fairgrounds is 80 acres of wooded land and uneven ground in some areas. You will be walking to all exhibit areas.
- Please leave your pets at home. While we understand your pet may be friendly, some of the exhibit animals might injure your pet if frightened.
- Do not take food or drinks into any of the barns, and be sure to use the hand sanitizers provided after your barn visits.
- Take a break if you get tired. Use the picnic areas, benches, or the cooling center located in the 4-H building.
- If it is hot, drink plenty of water, and wear loose fitting light colored clothing.
- Be sure to bring any medications you will need.
- When you arrive, make a plan on where to meet family members if you are split up.
- Don't be shy, ask questions of any of the fair workers, they will be happy to help you.
- Bring your camera, you will want to take pictures!